How to Sell … Selling your furniture with The Lived In Room is easy.
And when your items sell, we mail you a check for 50% of the proceeds*.
3 easy steps to consign:
Please call (651) 342-0195 to discuss possible acceptance or your items. We will ask to see a photo of any larger items prior to accepting them. Photos can be brought in, mailed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email photos please follow up with a phone call, as large photos sometimes do not come through our email server.
- You MUST have an appointment prior to delivering any items.
- If you bring in your items without pre-approval, keep in mind that if we are not able to accept them, you will need to take them back with you.
- All consignments are subject to our final inspection and high quality standards. We reserve the right to refuse any item due to condition, current inventory levels or past experience.
We can accept: Case Goods (tables, bookcases, bedroom furniture, etc.) Upholstered Furniture (sofas, chairs, ottomans, etc.) Must be from non-smoking, non-pet home and odor-free
Upholstery must be clean, minimal wear, odor free, no stains, no tears. Décor Artwork Lamps with bulbs and shades Mirrors Rugs Other quality items for the home We cannot accept: Glass top tables Sofa sleepers, hide-a-beds, mattresses, box springs Lamps without shades Cribs or toddler beds Lamps/Chandeliers without working bulbs or with faulty wiring Waterbeds
Items under $10
Large entertainment centers
2) Delivery To Our Showroom
- Once your items have been pre-approved, call to set up an appointment so that you can bring them in. Owner is responsible for loading and unloading of items.
Note: While we make every attempt to take good care of your items, we do not accept any responsibility for consigned items for any cause or reason (fire, water, dents,scratches, breakage, theft, etc.). If it is a concern, please check the terms of your homeowner's insurance policy. It may extend coverage to your off-premise properties.
- Our pricing specialist will carefully inspect your items, and then recommend pricing with consideration given to condition, quality of construction, manufacturer, original purchase price, style, and demand of the item. It is in everyone's interest to price items at a fair market value that would realistically sell within 3 months.
- We will only keep your items for 3 months. If your items are not removed within 2 weeks of your end-date, they become the property of The Lived In Room and may be disposed of without liability. (Flexible time period available upon request for certain items.)